Art Attack Blog, Week 5, Term 3

WHAT?
For art attack my goal was to produce a piece of art related to our local landscape using paint.


With Mrs Marsh I learned about foreground, midground and background in landscapes.
With Mr Forman I learned about what colour is and complementary colours.
With Mr Rule I looked at the different landscape features of Canterbury and Banks Peninsula.


SO WHAT?
  • Some features I included were hills, a pond, a fish, and a flower.
  • I used dry brushing for some of my painting, and how I would have done it if I didn't know dry brushing existed for the rest.
  • I enjoyed making the outside of my pond because I made it all squiggly, and I like making things squiggly.
  • I am proud of how my hills turned out, and the colour of them because it was a nice, mineral colour, which was how I wanted it. My hills looked quite nice when they were dry brushed.
  • I found doing the fish in the pond difficult because I had to be very careful about where I put my paint brush so that I didn't get the paint where I didn't want it. I found sketching it easy because all I was really doing was tracing.


NOW WHAT?
  • I would like to do paint again if I did another landscape because I think my first painting turned out well with paint, and I just need to improve my pictures/sketches.
  • I would like to get better at showing foreground/ the front of the picture because my flower wasn't nearly as big as my tree, which was in the mid ground/the middle of the picture, and my flower was in the front of the picture/foreground.




No comments:

Post a Comment